Become a part of Aproplan today
Innovation Product BIM Engineer
Job start: As soon as possible
La Hulpe, Belgium
The construction sector evolves and his needs too. It is why at APROPLAN we must innovate to stay state-of-the-art! Our production team is driven by innovative project as the BIM integration. In order to deal with this challenge we have created a new function in the company perhaps too in the world: Innovation Product BIM Engineer!
As an Innovation Product BIM Engineer, you join the production department of APROPLAN, specifically the BIM/Product team. With your knowledge of the BIM and your ability to communicate and prioritise the work, you are a key element of the team!
→ We DO NOT EXPECT from you to be a Geek or a person passionate by the technical part of IT.
→ We EXPECT from you to be curious and having the willing to bring your strengths (BIM, construction industry knowledge, communication, time management) and let us teach you lots of new skills as Product Management, Project Management, etc.
You will be responsible for a specific product in our portfolio: the BIM integration:
- First and foremost you understand the construction market and the context in which your product is used to be the eyes and ears of the BIM/Product team with clients
- By collecting the experience of thousands of users and with the help of the Chief Product Officer, you are able to create your individual roadmap
- Your roadmap will feed and support the overall product strategy and ensure their proper delivery in production
- Because you are an Expert in communication, you coordinate and help the BIM/Product team to keep the pulse of your product
- Finally, you are always in touch with your clients, you know their needs and the evolution of their business. You are able to keep your product fresh by adding to your roadmap new and valuable features while killing dying features
But, more than that:
Working at APROPLAN will offer you the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the construction sector.
Last but not least, you’ll be in a great working atmosphere with a young, dynamic team in the coolest offices out there.
To be successful you need to master
- Bachelor in Engineering or Architecture/or equivalent experience
- 3 years working experience of which at least 1 year in BIM modeling, BIM families and parametric objects
- Experience/proven practical background in Autodesk Naviswork, Revit, BIM 360°, Tekla, and related
- Expert in communication and strong decision-making skills
- Expressing yourself fluently in English (must have), knowledge of French and/or Dutch is an asset
- Passionate about the end-user needs and experience
- Building consensus across the company on priorities leading to product execution
We would like you to have those other skills
- Project management skills with the ability to collaborate within a team existing out of engineers, sales and managers
- Experience in Product management or Software development is valuable
- Additional knowledge of Revit API programming is beneficial
- Familiarity with design applications such as NavisWorks and alike and an innate ability to communicate the benefits of these components within an integrated building information mode.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Convinced team player
- Experienced with applications in the cloud (SAAS) such as Google Docs
- To have downloaded a Free Trial of APROPLAN, tested the App and browsed our website before applying, so you know what kind of company we are and what we do.