Become a part of Aproplan today
Job start: As soon as possible
La Hulpe, Belgium
Please note that the recruitment team only speaks French and English, so please apply in English! Thanks 😀
Are you eager to develop your skill set as an Azure DevOps Engineer with a structured and agile team? Are you keen to do this in an international, trust-based, transparent startup environment where everyone is encouraged to speak up? Would you love to see the tools you help build be used in $7 billion worth of real construction projects in 1500+ cities?
If this sounds like you, read on!
As a DevOps Engineer, you will quickly get involved in shaping and handling key areas of our delivery and development process. You will receive honest feedback and challenging work to help you grow and develop. We will encourage you to take on as much responsibility as you can handle and suggest improvements and maintain key areas such as Azure Infrastructure, Disaster Recovery, Security, Scalability, Redundancy, Continuous Delivery, etc.
LetsBuild is a recent merger of two companies and by way of the merger, has infrastructure deployed in both Azure and AWS. We are in the process of transitioning legacy monoliths to a microservices-based architecture spanning the two clouds based around a message bus. The AWS side of the infrastructure is built using Terraform and Docker containers as a deployment unit, while the Azure side is manually configured.
Your role is composed of 3 main pillars: 1) Take over and drive key aspects of our infrastructure, 2) Delivery process, and 3) Development at LetsBuild.
Working with the VP of Engineering and our AWS DevOps, you will be responsible for managing, monitoring, maintaining, and improving LetsBuild’s Azure infrastructure.
More specifically, your main tasks are as follows:
- Ensuring the infrastructure is configured suitably for scalability and is suitably redundant.
- Defining, monitoring, triaging, and doing first-level fixing of alerts.
- Defining (and, if necessary, executing) disaster recovery plans.
- Building Docker images; updating them suitably when necessary.
- Managing licences, system access, security policies.
- Maintaining various internal systems, such as our continuous integration server, our automated test systems, etc.
- Actively picking up other things that need doing.
To be successful at LetsBuild, you need to master the following qualifications:
- You have experience of doing DevOps in a team environment.
- You have a CS degree or equivalent, preferably with good knowledge of Azure and Docker. AWS experience is a plus.
- You have experience working in SQL with SQL server, Postgres, MySQL, or similar.
- You either already know Terraform, RabbitMQ and Redis, or can pick them up quickly.
- Knowledge of C# and a scripting language such as Python as well as shell languages like Bash are a plus.
- You are able to freely give and seek feedback.
- You are comfortable with managing yourself and prefer to deliver without needing to be supervised closely.
- Have downloaded a Free Trial of our products (APROPLAN & GenieBelt), tested the Apps and browsed our websites before applying, so you know what kind of company we are and what we do.
What you will get in return:
- Being part of the exciting growth journey of one of the fastest growing Saas companies in the construction sector.
- Feel the great working atmosphere of a young, dynamic and international team.
- Training & Development plan to further develop your skills to build out your career.
- Intensive onboarding period to learn our Sales & Marketing playbook.
- A lot of work flexibility in a trust-based environment.