Become a part of Aproplan today
Junior Back-end Developer (BIM Project)
Job start: October 2019
La Hulpe, Belgium
As a rapidly expanding company, APROPLAN’s Back-end team is looking for new colleagues to joing the ranks. As we are a scaleup company, we have lots of projects that require new features to be built! And one of them is the introduction of Building Information Modelling (a.k.a. BIM) into our applications (web and mobile).
Therefore, we are looking for an experienced developer to help us extend our platform to support BIM objects for our front-end applications to make use of them via our API.
As a Back-end Developer, you will join APROPLAN in our main office and will work on bringing parts of the BIM model into our platform. This will mainly be done by defining an architecture of the platform to meet the business needs related to the BIM model (BIM objects, 2D and 3D drawings, and their related meta-data), prototyping solutions to validate the options, developing, maintaining and enhancing the existing API allowing frontend apps to access the data of the system.
You will have the opportunity to prototype solutions, validate them in co-creation with the Product manager and clients and push them forward to become production-ready for front-end applications to use them via our API.
You will also participate in building and maintaining new and existing microservices like document generation systems, reporting tools and diagnostic tools like logging, monitoring and bug reporting.
As our business grows, you will have the opportunity to analyse, propose and implement a solution to bring 3D drawings, Budget and Planning information from the BIM model into our microservices and API.
As a team member you will participate in peer code reviews to ensure proper documentation on features and interoperability within the entire system
But wait, there’s more:
Working at APROPLAN will offer you the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the construction sector.
Last but not least, you’ll be in a great working atmosphere with a young, dynamic team in the coolest offices out there.
To be successful you need to master
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role.
- .Net (C#).
- Knowledge of Visual Studio, Git.
- Experience with Big Data and noSQL (MongoDB, Hadoop, Cassandra) to implement efficient data management and storage capabilities.
- Strong experience with vectorial drawing, 3d structure storage, display and manipulation.
- Fluent in French and English.
We would like you to have these other skills
- Experience with BIM construction software domain to have high impact decisions on products for each phase of the construction project lifecycle: Autodesk (Autocad, Revit, BIM 360), Navisworks, etc.
- Knowledge of the BIM and its structure of data (Revit files, IFC).
- Knowledge of .NET Core is a plus.
- Knowledge of at least one big Cloud Network such as Azure, Amazon, …
- Good social and communication skills.
- Experience with tools to provide automated quality assurance for the product (Selenium, …).
- To have downloaded a Free Trial of the APROPLAN’s product of LetsBuild, tested the App and browsed our website before applying, so you know what kind of company we are and what we do.